Monday, July 12, 2010

I Fall More in Love with You

I've made it to Round 4 in the Last Scrapper Standing contest at Memorable Seasons--I'm in the top 8! This week's challenge was to use a solid background and create some sort of pattern using an ordinary/non-scrappy item. My first thought was to use a tire & paint or ink and do a page about my Mustang. Someone else posted a page with tire painting before I even got started and I didn't want to look like a copy cat so I had to go with Plan B. I just didn't have a Plan B at the time! LOL! I finally decided to sand my pattern onto my paper instead of using something as a stamp with paint or ink. I knew that diamond plate would make a cool pattern and I figured I could do a Jeep layout with that. I took my orange cardstock out to the garage to use the diamond plate on my golf cart but realized that it wasn't the typical pattern. I used it anyways and decided that it looked a bit like straw or hay bales and chose some pumpkin patch photos. Despite a minor (well kinda major!) altercation with my sewing machine I managed to come up with a page that I really like. (I know I've said that about all of these pages but for the first time since my pregnancy with Addyson I'm making pages I'm happy with!)








I really hope I make it into the next round. I can't wait to see what the challenge is!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats Brandi, that is awesome! I LOVE your page! the sanding technique is so cool!

Anonymous said...

PS: thanks for your prayers today. :)

Sherrie said...

hello Brandi!!! Saw your post on FB & came on over to your Blog. I LOVE this LO I'm gonna have to scraplift this one for sure!!! Love the Title too!!! :-)))