Saturday, September 27, 2008
Leslie tagged me a few days ago with the following quiz. I figured it would make a better blog entry than me whining about morning (excuse me...all day) sickness and the fact that I can't get comfortable enough at night to sleep. I figured it would be more interesting than me ranting about the chat I plan to have with Eve or whomever screwed up the "miracle of birth" thing when I get to Heaven because really they deserve quite the lecture on this one! Really? An apple? It wasn't like the snake offered you chocolate! Anyhow...
The FIVE Tag:
10 years ago I:
1. was 21
2. was a senior in college (for the first time!) and on my 5th or 6th major
3. was driving my first Trans-Am--a blue convertible
4. had already been married for nearly 3 years
5. had no idea how hard the years ahead would be
5 things on today's "to do" list:
2. pack for our trip
3. sort through maternity clothes (They are currently in my living room floor!)
5. make it through the day without gagging (I did it today! 2 days in a row would be awesome!)
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
2. Lays Regular Potato Chips w/French Onion Dip
3. M & Ms
4. Crackers with Squeeze Cheese (You know--the cool stuff that squirts out of a can?)
5. Coca-Cola (This isn't so much a snack as it is a necessity for the the safety of others! LOL!)
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Hire a maid
2. Hire a chef
3. Hire someone to do Jason's job
4. Have the inground pool of my dreams built
5. Hire a professional organizer to fix my house
5 places I have lived:
1. Houston, TX
2. Centerville, TX
3. Buffalo, TX
4. Longview, TX
5. Carthage/Gary/Tenaha, TX (It's really all the same place! LOL!)
5 jobs I have had:
1. Texas Burger
2. Financial Aid Office at LeTourneau University
3. Pitts Hardware (office)
4. Carthage Twin Cinema
5. Stanley School (3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th grade teacher)
And because I have issues with following the rules, I am not tagging anyone! LOL!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
And she is pretty excited about it!
We will be welcoming a new little member to our family around the end of April. The 'official' due date is May 1st but because it will be a repeat c-section it will be the week before unless he/she has their own plans! LOL! So far everything is going well. I will be glad when I get out of the constant gagging stage and into the constant eating one! LOL! Drew says 'Hi baby!' to my belly which I thought was adorable but then she also says it to Jason's belly! LOL!
And because I can't post photos of one child without posting some of the other...I introduce our newest miracle.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
We also rode around up the mountain and stopped to take some photos.
We had fun but came home a day early to avoid any delays because of Hurricane Gustav. Hot Springs was filling up with evacuees and the stores and gas stations were getting crazy. Before leaving Hot Springs we stocked up on bottled water, juice, snacks, and 4 full diesel cans. To my disappointment (crazy I know!) we didn't need any of those things! There was no traffic, no lines at gas stations, and we didn't even lose power. In fact the 20" of predicted rain was really only about 3"! And that was spread out over several days!