Friday, September 17, 2010

I was on a mission!

I love brads and have an enormous amount of them! To find the one I want to use I spend forever digging through piles and packages! Not anymore! Check out this amazing transformation!

I'm still working on all the tiny brads. I'm sorting those by color also and storing them in those tic-tac like containers.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Simply Obsessed September Kit

I am so happy to be back on the team at Simply Obsessed and what an awesome kit to start with! I love anything with distressed edges so these papers are right up my alley! And the colors of this kit can really go with a wide variety of themes.

I used a piece of Core'dinations Cardstock on this one to add a bit of texture. The butterflies matched Addyson's dress perfectly.

On this next layout I was inspired to use song lyrics as my title because of the music print flower. The chipboard letters (LOVE), twill, & dark blue cardstock are all from my stash. I really liked the heart die cut in the kit but the print on it was a bit distracting for my page so I used it as a template and cut my own. I can now use the original on something else.

I created the music print paper by tea-dying (with I guess technically I "coffee-dyed" it! LOL!) a piece of cardstock. Once it was dry I ironed it flat and stamped the music onto it. Add a little ink around the edges and you have a nice vintage looking piece. (And it smells good too! LOL!)

The flower was a bit big so I took the back layer off and will use it on something else later.
I collect vintage cameras (Aren't they the coolest?!?) and the die cut/journal spot in the kit couldn't have been more perfect for this page! I cut it apart so that it would fit in with my collage better. The houndstooth print just screamed "vintage" to me. The small letter/number stickers are from my stash. This is actually just the left side of a 2 pager--still working on the other half.

This next piece is just a fun little wall-hanging I came up with. The images & butterfly are from the kit and the rest is just bits & pieces I had lying around. I cut the crown from the MME die-cut sheet & adhered just the edges to make it 3-dimensional. I added Stickles to both the crown & the butterfly (The butterfly immediately curled under when I applied the Stickles so proceed with caution.)

As you can see this kit is very versatile and can be used for most anything. I hope to be back in a day or so with a few more layouts--I have 3 started!